Good bye, Birmingham, see you next summer!
Today we said goodbye to our friends from the University of Birmingham (Great Britain).
The day before the students
• had sat a grammar test,
• performed monologues that they had prepared in Russian on the theme “Discovering Russia”,
• got their Certificates to show that they had completed the course,
• drunk tea and mors ( a Russian berry drink) and tasted traditional Russian pies such as vatrushki (pies with berries or apples), kalitki (pies with potato and porridge), rybniki (pies with fish), and also pryaniki (gingerbread) and sooshki (ring-shaped crackers).
• acted out scenes from Russian fairy tales,
• sung a song they had made up themselves,
• made a collective picture of their impressions.
The results of the test were good, the monologues were original and well prepared, the tea was hot, the pies were tasty, the performance was funny… Good bye, Birmingham, see you next summer!